Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms available. As its popularity continues to increase, it’s important to make sure your presence stands out in this space. Whether you’re a small business owner, content creator or budding entrepreneur, Instagram can help grow your brand and serve as a bridge to reach your target audience.
Unlike traditional advertising, social media marketing success is uniquely measured by consistency and authenticity. Instagram users are drawn to brands that will make a lasting impact and enrich their feed in some way. Read below for the two most important components of a successful Instagram profile.
Part One: Content
Content is king on Instagram. Users on this platform are consistently scrolling through various posts, leaving only a few seconds to capture your the attention of your audience. Make sure your content is relevant to your brand and interesting enough to grab the viewer’s gaze. There are three main ways to post on Instagram:
- Photos – Instagram was created as a medium for still images, and they are still the most popular posts for the majority of users. Photos are a quick and easy way to share your products, services, goals and core messages. Whichever snaps you choose to post, make sure they are well-lit, clear and in focus.
- Videos – Originally launched as a 15-second streaming option, Instagram videos can now be as long as 1-minute. Video content should always be focused and concise. The goal is to keep your audience interested and engaged.
- Stories – Stories combine both photo and video content. Posts can be seen by tapping your profile photo and are shown for up to 15 seconds. They expire after 24-hours, making them great for quick updates and behind-the-scenes content.
Part Two: Engagement
Engagement is the second part of the equation. Your Instagram efforts will fall short if you’re not reaching out and making an effort to connect with your audience. There are three fundamental engagement methods:
- Following – Following like-minded accounts is a great way to be seen by your peers and discover the kind of content others are posting. It also shows users that you’re willing to connect with and view their content, rather than only promoting your own.
- Liking – If a post catches your eye, tap the like button. This will help more relevant content appear in your explore feed, and it will alert other people of your presence on the platform. Liking posts are great for brand awareness.
- Commenting – Commenting takes the “like” a step further and is a simple way to communicate with other brands and consumers. If a user has left a comment on your post, make sure to respond quickly and thoughtfully. This will help establish a healthy level of trust between you and your audience.
By consistently posting interesting content and being engaged with the community, your Instagram account is sure to grow a large following. You can then make the most of your audience and share your message. Getting your account from zero to a thousand to ten thousand and to a million followers takes a lot of time and dedication. Luckily there are tools to help you achieve your goals faster.
Instagram & Grow Tent
Grow Tent is a tool for Instagram accounts to be successful on the platform. We use Instagram to showcase beautiful content and engage with the community. We use best practices to market accounts to reach the audience you want. Check out our plans here.